Makai Golf Club at Princeville
Makai Golf Club at Princeville is a 27-hole layout that was carved into a sloping hillside, perched high above the Pacific overlooking the beautiful Hanalei Bay. The course enjoys an unrivaled setting with both mountain and ocean views.
Makai Golf Club at Princeville is a 27-hole layout that was carved into a sloping hillside, perched high above the Pacific overlooking the beautiful Hanalei Bay. The course enjoys an unrivaled setting with both mountain and ocean views. The club was once three different nines, but a major renovation in 2010 combined the Ocean and Lakes nines into an 18-hole championship course while the par-36 Woods remained a nine-hole course. The courses are Robert Trent Jones Jr.'s first design on Kauai, where he would go on to design four other golf courses. The signature hole comes on the front nine, the former Ocean course. The par-3 third hole offers not only a stunning view of the bay but also a challenging test that plays from an elevated tee to a water-protected green 100 feet below.
At same facility
- Gallery: The Makai golf course at Princeville Resort on the Hawaiian island of Kauai
- Princeville on Kauai's north shore: Tough golf, stunning layout
- Princeville at Hanalei's Makai Golf Course: Put your ego aside, play this friendlier Kauai gem
- Gallery: Makai Golf Club at St. Regis Princeville Resort
- After renovation, Kauai's Makai Golf Club ready for inclusion among Hawaii's best
- Gallery: Kauai's North Shore shines at the Makai Golf Club at St. Regis Princeville
- A 1-2 punch on Kauai's north shore: The Prince Course at Princeville and Makai Golf Club sparkle after renovations
- Gallery: At Princeville Resort on Kauai, Makai Golf Course continues to reign
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1971
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $145 - $220
- Weekends: $145 - $220
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Proper golf attire.
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee